All necessary information for your stay in the vacation region (districts Regen and Freyung-Grafenau) in connection with the Corona pandemic we have summarized here for you. (Basis is the 15th Bavarian Infection Protection Measures Ordinance).
This page is updated regularly. (Status 17.02.2022)
Here the 3G regulation applies (vaccinated/ recovered or tested).
- Body-related services - also hairdressers & chiropodists
- Own sports activities, gyms
- Public transportation
- Museums, libraries
- and similar facilities
Here the 2G regulation applies (vaccinated / recovered)
- Accommodation & gastronomy - currently no closing time For business travelers with an urgent reason for travel that cannot be postponed, a PCR test (48 hrs., rapid test (24 hrs. or self-test under supervision is also possible.
- Cultural events (theater, opera, ...)
- Ski lifts and cable cars, amusement parks, guided tours, zoos & zoological gardens
- Baths, thermal baths, saunas
The following persons also have access at 2G:
- Children up to 14 years
- Students up to 18 years of age who are regularly tested at school. (Also applies during vacations. Exception: public transport during vacations. Here a negative test result must be presented).
- Persons who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons (evidenced by a medical type test).
- Only FFP2 mask obligation applies in the trade (no visitor capacities).
- No contact restrictions for vaccinated and recovered persons
- Contact restrictions for unvaccinated remain unchanged
- There is no longer a requirement to collect contact information
- De hotspot regulations will be lifted
To make your vacation as "normal" as possible, you will find here all timetables including the hedgehog buses, which are now back on the road in the National Park.
With your GUTI guest card you can use all buses & trains in the Bayerwald-Ticket area for free.
- In the ÖPNV and in the long-distance traffic the mask duty (FFP2 mask) and 3G (vaccinated, recovered or tested) is valid.
- Exception: For pupils: inside, who are regularly tested at school, the pupil ID card is sufficient.
- For ski lifts and gondolas the 2G regulation is still valid, there also pupils who are tested in school are allowed.
How to make the best trips and tours in the vacation region together with the Waldbahn, you can find in our map "Through the wilderness with the Waldbahn".