As a guest in the Bavarian Forest National Park holiday region, you will receive the National Park Card with GUTi symbol directly upon arrival at your accommodation.
With GUTi you can use the entire bus and train offer in the National Park region free of charge. The National Park Card with the GUTi logo is valid as a free ticket in the entire Bayerwald ticket tariff area for as many journeys as you like during your entire stay. You travel free of charge on the Waldbahn, Igelbuses and many other bus routes to many National Park facilities, sights or hiking destinations. In winter you use all ski buses for free with GUTi. Your host will give you the free timetable folding map with the route network map. The timetable folding map is available for download to help you plan your excursions.
With your personal National Park Card you can also take advantage of a whole range of free and reduced services in the holiday region.
Ask your landlord for the National Park Card as soon as you arrive and take advantage of the following services, for example:
Free of charge in the holiday region:
- Use of hedgehog buses, forest railway and regular buses in the holiday region (For more information, click here: www.bayerwald-ticket.com
- Use of the winter yolk busses and ski busses
- extensive information material in the tourist information offices (calendar of events, flyers, brochures...)
- Internet use in many Tourist-Infos
- Von Poschinger Glasmanufaktur Frauenau: free admission for children up to 15 years of age
- Reduced prices of extensive information material in the Tourist Infos (hiking, biking, & winter sports maps)
- Reduced admission to the Bavarian Forest treetop path
- Reduced admission to the open-air museum Finsterau
- Reduced admission to the NaturparkWelten in Bayerisch Eisenstein
- Reduced admission to selected ski lifts in the holiday region
- Reduced admission to selected indoor and outdoor swimming pools
- Reduction on guided tours of the Zwiesel underground passages
- Half price for guided tours of the National Park if you travel by bus or train.
These and many other benefits are only available with the National Park Card.